This position performs a variety of routine tasks and functions to receive, ship, and distribute supplies across the Phoenix Children`s system to provide for timely and accurate availability of required materials in accordance with established policy and standards.
- Enters receiving information into computerized materials management system, prints receiving ticket, and applies property tags as required.
- Receives incoming orders and verifies against bills of lading or shipping documents to ensure accuracy of shipment. Performs visual inspection to identify any damaged items. Notifies Purchasing staff of any discrepancies.
- Prioritizes and distributes orders to requesting departments in accordance with established customer service standards. Collaborates with the Biomed department on electrical safety inspection prior to distribution.
Provides assistance as needed to resolve and report shipping problems, including, but not limited to, damage, substitutions, back orders, and misdirected orders.
- Regularly works with prime vendor and other contracted staff by assisting with incoming and outgoing shipments and warehouse coverage to ensure accurate and timely deliveries of supplies.
- Collaborates with Central Supply for Full Pallet and individual Supply put-away, in appropriate location in Central Supply or the shell space.
- Maintains files and records of shipping and receiving activities, including, but not limited to, purchase orders, direct deliveries, shipping/receiving logs, vendor badging logs, and equipment barcode tags.
- Prepares outgoing materials for shipping, including returns and repairs. Confirms presence of accurate labels, purchase orders, return authorizations, and materials disposition documents for all packages in accordance with established standards.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable