Physical Therapy Assistant - SportsApply!
This position, under the direction of a physical therapist, provides outpatient orthopedic & sports physical therapy services to late youth, adolescent and young adult populations. Using exercise, neuromuscular reeducation, functional training and activities, manual interventions, taping, modalities, etc. as established in the plan of care and allowed by the supervising therapist. The assistant will be able to monitor and assess a patients response during a treatment session and adjust or refer as clinically appropriate. Experience with athletic and adolescent populations is highly encouraged. This position will demonstrate an understanding of billing and coding practices as appropriate for professional outpatient services and its revenue cycle.
Under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist, the PTA will provide skilled physical therapy services to patients with a wide range of sports injury and orthopedic related diagnoses including but not limited to: musculoskeletal injuries, overuse syndromes, neurologic insults, and trauma. Possesses skills to apply evidence-based, age and sport appropriate principals to all aspects of care including but not limited to:
- Uses pediatric and athletic activity-based behavior management strategies using a framework of family-centered care to deliver .
- Providing interventions as established in the plan of care with patient and family goals in context.
- Implements patients plan of care using treatment modalities including but not limited to: exercise, neuromuscular re-education, joint and soft tissue manual techniques, taping, and modalities as established in the plan of care.
- Determine acuity on any given day and monitor a patient`s response to any treatment, adjust or refer as clinically appropriate.
- Performs patient/family teaching for maximizing function and return to activity/sport within the home/community and implementation of home program.
- Provides care as outlined in the Standards of Care section of the APTA, state supervision and practice act and PCH Policies & Procedures Manual as delegated by the supervising therapist.
- se enter any additional specific duties here. This is not required.
- Maintains appropriate and timely documentation in compliance with state/federal guidelines and PCH policies including participation in Total Quality Management.
Participate in all aspects necessary to operate an outpatient clinic including by not limited to:
- Prepares treatment area, equipment, and patients for treatment sessions. Escorts patients to and from therapy areas.
- Cleans and maintains treatment areas, clinic equipment, work surfaces and cabinetry. Performs routine inspections and maintains a log of equipment safety testing. Monitors clinic supply inventory.
- Administrative support including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling appointments, processing payments for service and typical office tasks.
- Builds and maintains rapport within the sports med department, PCH, and community, while professionally interacting with physicians, families, and hospital/community personnel. This includes preparation and/or participation in department and community training programs.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable