Dialysis Patient Education SpecialistApply!
Posting Note: Seeking an experienced Dialysis RN to educate families about dialysis. Will engage in a variety of tasks that include educating and RN tasks 50/50. The incumbent must be experienced in dialysis specifically peritoneal dialysis. Educator experience is preferred. Must have a BSN and must have or attain National Certification within 1 year of hire date.
This position develops, implements, and evaluates proactive educational plans and programs within the departmental needs to ensure ongoing patient and family education and training according to best practice, requirements, and regulations.
- Collaborates with the dialysis facility to assess, develop and support the departmental strategic education plan for patients and families.
- Collaborates with other disciplines and departments as a change agent and participates in the evaluation of outcomes.
- Engages in ongoing organizational endeavors which support the philosophy and values of Phoenix Children`s Hospital and the ongoing educational opportunities related to the dialysis facility.
- Provides patient and family education and completes initial and ongoing dialysis training.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates learning opportunities based on evidence using a variety of teaching strategies
- Completes nursing assessment of patient conditions consistent with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors, to determine initial level of compliance with treatment plan per policy and unit guidelines. Performs ongoing patient and family assessments and identifies variations from diagnoses.
- Continually evaluates patient responses to care, teaching, and discharge plans. Documents patient progress in appropriate charts and shares observations and assessment outcomes with healthcare team and families to ensure timely communication and understanding of patient health status, progress, and ongoing needs.
- Works collaboratively with patient care team and family members to establish and implement plan of care to ensure coordination of activities and ongoing communication of patient health status. Participates in patient care rounds and patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members’ performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable