Staff Physician - PCPApply!
Physician shall provide the patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged. Physician shall assist the chief with the administration and coordination of all divisional activities.
Physician shall provide patient care services as assigned by the chief of the division to which Physician is assigned, (the “Chief”), including but not limited to:
- a. Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- b. Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c. Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures.
- d. Assist the Chief with the administration and provision of appropriate attending on-call coverage of emergencies.
Physician shall assist with divisional administrative duties as assigned by the Chief, including but not limited to:
- a. Assist the Chief with the supervision of divisional staff
- b. Assist the Chief with the professional and fiscal management of the division.
- c. Assist the Chief with the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure divisional compliance with all external regulatory agencies including, but not limited to the Joint Commission, Arizona Department of Health Services, and AHCCCS.
- d. Assist the Chief with the development and implementation of divisional policies and procedures to ensure that clinical resources are utilized efficiently and in accordance with responsible clinical and fiscal management principles.
- e. Assist the Chief with the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, procedures, and standards of care for the Division to ensure quality patient care delivery.
- f. Develop and manage programs, projects, etc. under the supervision of the Chief or designee.
Physician shall support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a. Provide direct supervision of medical students, residents fellows and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services.
- b. Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conferences for medical students, residents and fellows.
- c. Participate in the postgraduate continuing education activities of the division.
- d. Participate in the teaching and supervision of allied health care professionals assigned to the division.
- e. Support the scholarly activity of the division through contributions to the medical literature.
- Physician may participate in the development and implementation of clinical research protocols consistent with applicable institutional standards and guidelines.
- Physician shall support the Chief in his/her role as liaison to the private practice community, PCH’s referral sources and the general public.
- Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences out of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional teaching programs.
- Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable