ECMO Clinical CoordinatorApply!
Posting Note: Phoenix Children's currently has a new ECMO Coordinator position we are hiring for. This position will work closely with the ECMO manager, in coordinating the ECMO practices, participate in hiring ECMO specialist to the team, providing orientation/training to those new hires. This role will also be responsible for updating any new ECMO techniques/policies and creating the training tools necessary for any of those updates. This position will also be heavily involved in the quality care and will be a primary clinical resource to the department and health care teams. This position works in collaboration with the leadership team by identifying employee skill competencies, evaluating best practices, assisting in performance improvement projects, and staying aware of emerging industry trends and standards. This position will be located at the main campus, M - F, 8 AM - 5 PM. Hours may be flexible depending upon business needs.
This position coordinates, facilitates, reviews, and revises ECMO practices, orientations, protocols, programs and ongoing education in conjunction with departmental leadership. This position provides and promotes clinical excellence in order to provide safe quality care and acts as a clinical resource to the department and health care teams. This position works in collaboration with the leadership team by identifying employee skill competencies, evaluating best practices, assisting in performance improvement projects, and staying aware of emerging industry trends and standards.
Coordinates and provides new specialist training programs. Continually evaluates program effectiveness and makes improvements as necessary.
- Effectively monitors individual competency status, tracks progress, and on-going improvement areas. Maintains and ensures completion of departmental orientation and competency records.
Serves as a clinical expert and resource in regard to clinical practices. Evaluates and develops plans to identify and address educational needs and deficiencies on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively educates diverse groups of people using a variety of methods and teaching styles. Conveys information in a clear and effective manner. Effectively evaluates individual’s skill levels.
Safely performs various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures according to established standards, procedural guidelines, and policies. Assesses clinical status and provides patient care plan suggestions towards desired outcomes.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of the proper and safe use of all ECLS interventions and related equipment. Successfully coordinates and executes initial and on-going competency validations. Troubleshoots interventions and equipment as it applies to various patient care situations.
Interacts with and explains care modalities to patients, families, and the health care team in an understandable manner based on individual diversity and learning styles.
- Introduces oneself to the family, patient, and health care team. Displays a positive customer relations attitude.
Analyzes critical situations and applies appropriate judgment and critical thinking for problem resolution. Understands and participates in identifying and implementing improvements.
- Audits and analyzes processes, practices and patient records. Helps implement changes to improve the quality of care and the provision of a safe care environment.
Works effectively in a team-based environment especially during stressful situations involving rapidly changing priorities. Displays appropriate leadership skills to instill trust and credibility.
- Intervenes appropriately in urgent and emergent situations. Actively engaged in patient care planning with the health care team. Coaches and develops other staff members.
Stays current on operational issues, priorities, and advances related to ECLS. Researches the latest literature and practice standards. Networks with other children`s hospitals and professional organizations when evaluating practice standards.
- Coordinates and provides educational offerings for the department and other health care teams. Reviews and revises policies and practices.
Manages multiple priorities and applies effective time management skills, using downtime for work related activities. Coaches and mentors others.
- Ensures timely and accurate patient care documentation. Demonstrates self-direction, achieves results, meets deadlines, and ensures a consistent workflow despite interruptions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable