Health Unit Coordinator - Emergency Department
This position performs a variety of clerical and customer service support functions for a patient care unit/department to provide for the timely sharing of information, communication and order entry to appropriate sources.
- Assembles patient charts for new admissions and enters admission orders and demographic data as needed to provide for timely and complete patient record for efficient patient care and financial processes.
- Greets patients, families, visitors, and care team members to the unit; answers telephone and call lights as appropriate and responds to inquiries both in person and via telephone. Routes release of information requests to Health Information Management department.
- Maintains and updates orders to chart; transfers charts with patient and discharge charts to Health Information Management department. Updates chart locator database to ensure ongoing accurate information.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs a variety of patient chart maintenance activities to provide for ready availability and accessibility to data; requests signatures on incomplete charts as required.
- Receives, sorts, and delivers all unit mail, supplies, and inventory items; photocopies and files documents as requested to provide for efficient unit operations.
- Uses pre-determined criteria for patient bed assignment; consults with Clinical Supervisor or designated unit staff as necessary to provide for efficient unit flow.
- Works collaboratively with leadership team to examines patient administrative processes to determine opportunities for cost savings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable