The Clinic Operations Manager - PCP is accountable for work flow, performance and overall management and operations of the designated clinic and other assigned areas. Under the direction of the Director of Operations, Physician Lead and Operations Analyst, the PCP Clinic Operations Manager is responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day activities. Responsibilities include: Delegating and supervises personnel swift resolution of patient complaint/satisfaction issues counseling and coaching support staff, daily staffing, schedule and template management and staff task assignments. Assists with Kronos oversight and management of staff leave requests; ongoing assessment of clinical and administrative work flows to maximize clinic throughput and efficiency. Ensures efficient and effective operations and administrative workflows with accordance with PCH customer service, safety and quality standards. The position involves planning and overseeing all operations and business related activities.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Plans and schedules work for the assigned department staff, ensuring proper distribution of work and completion of assignments. Maintains staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage and clinic efficiency for location(s).
- Prepares schedules, maintaining appropriate staffing levels across the clinic, developing contingency plans for backfill for employee tardiness/absences.
- Facilitates ongoing communication with staff to ensure that assigned work is completed.
- Develops and maintains an open and effective line of communication with physicians and clinic staff.
Oversees day-to-day activities of location(s). Identifies opportunities for department process improvement and executes solutions under department leadership.
- Manages clinic work flow and communications, including phone management, email correspondence, etc.
- Coordinates daily operations and work activities for clinical and non-clinical services
- Supports Operations Analyst with developing educational materials for staff meetings and provides additional staff training as necessary.
- Identifies opportunities for department improvement and executes solutions under department leadership.
Works with Director of Operations, Operations Analyst, and Physician Lead on developing schedule templates and protocols that maximize access, safety and quality patient care.
- Provides ongoing daily/monthly monitoring of Provider schedules to ensure that schedules are full and no show rates stay low.
- Supports and improves patient access and patient satisfaction. Listens to, and resolves, customer/patient complaints.
- In partnership with department leaders, identifies, develops and implements new processes and procedures as necessary, for improved work flow and/or patient satisfaction.
- Participates in and provides oversight and guidance of department staff including, but not limited to: employee interview and selection, orientation, ongoing training and development; performance evaluations and disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Ongoing oversight of clinic supply inventory, vaccine inventory; ensuring the Providers have everything they need to provide excellent patient care, while remaining within budgetary limitations.
Performs ADHS survey-readiness tracers of assigned areas; pulls monthly reports and documents the monthly Performance Improvement Dashboard indicators.
- Responsible for monthly report out to Physician Leads and Director of Operations.
- Acts as a role model by displaying exemplary, compassionate and professional behavior, motivating staff to provide excellent, patient-focused service.
- Attends and actively participates in staff and interdepartmental meetings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.