Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - NeurologyApply!
Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s Division of Neurology is seeking an acute care certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner with a minimum of 3 years pediatrics experience and preferred neurology experience to join our growing program. The Division of Neurology at Phoenix Children’s is the largest pediatric neurology program in the state of Arizona and one of the largest in the nation. We offer comprehensive and compassionate evaluation, diagnostic, treatment and follow-up services for children and families with known or suspected neurological conditions. Our services include medical evaluations and treatment, counseling, diagnostic and laboratory testing, imaging, and procedures. Our program serves as the main neurology referral for a population of 7 million residents, of whom 1.5 million are in the pediatric age range. This APP position will have responsibility for the pediatric neurology patient population. The successful provider will have responsibilities in the inpatient critical and non-critical care settings. Inpatient duties include, but are not limited to, rounding with the inpatient attending to address daily care, daily EHR documentation, communication with consultants, answering questions from physicians, bedside RNs, and pharmacy, coordinating patient discharge, facilitating appropriate follow up for patients, and pager coverage during the day. Participation in focused quality or research projects is encouraged. Active involvement in APP student teaching through affiliated programs is one of the required core values. We participate in multi-specialty care teams, including Neuromuscular, Headache, Movement Disorder, Neuro-Oncology, Epilepsy, Concussion, and a Ketogenic Diet Program. Our clinical staff includes 24 physicians, 5 Nurse Practitioners, 2 Dietitians, an Epilepsy Nurse Specialty Care Coordinator, nurses, and medical assistants. The clinical activities for the Division include approximately 1700 ambulatory visits, 157 multi-specialty inpatient consultations, and 480 inpatient subsequent visits per month in addition to internal and external EEG reads, PEMU monitoring, sleep studies, epilepsy laser surgeries, and in office procedures. The Neurology Division covers five satellite clinics (i.e., Arrowhead, Southwest Valley, Mercy Gilbert, Scottsdale, Northwest Valley), as well as the inpatient neurology services on main campus at Phoenix Children’s. In 2024, we will expand inpatient coverage to Phoenix Children’s Arrowhead to meet the needs of our growing population in the West Valley and to Phoenix Children’s Mercy Gilbert Hospital to meet the needs of our growing population in the East Valley. Phoenix Children’s main campus, located in the heart of Phoenix, is a full-service, freestanding, tertiary medical center, offering 433 licensed beds, 72 of which are dedicated to intensive care and 33 of which are NICU. We are a rapidly growing healthcare system, soon expanding to 610 licensed beds, with an additional 60 NICU beds. Phoenix Children’s is a teaching hospital, leading the way for the next generation of pediatric providers through residency programs and fellowships, and is actively involved in clinical research, dedicating $10 million annually to support research activities. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a CV to: Chastity Jensen APP Talent Acquisition Partner Phoenix Children’s O: (602) 933-5638 email@example.com
This position works in collaboration with the attending physicians and works within their scope of practice to provide excellent clinical care for patients. Plays a critical role in the patient family medical team. Professional who may practice in hospital’s inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Conducts comprehensive health history, physical assessments and plans for infants, children and young adults with acute and chronic health conditions. Utilizes advanced assessment skills to manage a cohort of patients.
- Orders and prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, and performs other therapeutic or corrective measures to treat illness and improve health status.
- Formulates family centered plan of care. Performs daily documents as necessary. Collaborated and coordinated care with other team members.
- Collects data and analyzes when necessary.
- Performs any needed advanced procedures that are associated with their credentialing process DOP.
- Utilizes the most up to date and evidence based practice for plan of care and able to alter the plan according to family needs and effectiveness or plan.
- Serves as an educational resource to patient/family/ nursing staff/ provider team and other health care teams as needed.
- Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competences, certifying body renewals, seeking educational offerings when available, and participates in the professional development of others which may include Advanced Practice Provider students, Residents and Medical Students. Acts as a preceptor/mentor for those new in department.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety by bring up concerns in appropriate manner, reporting through appropriate channels, and ensuring change of practice when necessary. Demonstrates shared accountability of safe practice.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable