The Associate Director, Ambulatory Clinical Services provides clinical leadership and oversight to Phoenix Children’s Medical Group (PCMG). The Associate Director focuses on achieving effective and efficient outcomes in four major areas: 1) clinical service operations and patient flow; 2) clinical staff development; 3) effective clinical service models and protocols; and 4) related clinical policies and procedures. The Associate Director, Ambulatory Clinical Services partners with PCH and PCMG operational and clinical leaders in order to meet the enterprise mission of exemplary patient care, education and research across all PCMG ambulatory care delivery locations. The Associate Director reports directly to a VP, PCMG Operations, although for delivery of clinical services and nursing oversight this role will report to the Senior Vice President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer. In addition, to Associate Director duties and responsibilities, the Associate Director fulfills the duties and responsibilities of Clinical Practice Manager or Manager, Ambulatory Services for assigned divisions and/or service lines.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Develops and administers organizational staffing plans, position descriptions, policies, protocols, and procedures related to nursing and clinical professional practice within all PCMG specialty divisions.
- Responsible for supervising, directing, coaching and mentoring the assigned core group of clinical leaders and staff within PCMG including the delegation of responsibilities within the scope of practice and validated competencies in order to meet the workload demands of the division, clinical service and/or location.
- Participates in all nursing, quality and clinical service activities, as appropriate, in Phoenix Children`s. This role shall have a coordination and reporting responsibility to Phoenix Children`s Senior Vice-President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer, including but not limited to development and support for the shared clinical service operational management structure, staff participation in departmental and PCH nursing and clinical services structures.
- Responsible for the development, design and implementation of the ambulatory clinical care practices to identify opportunities for improving patient safety and quality of care, including but not limited to, participation in quality and performance improvement studies; and, instituting evidence-based improvements into ambulatory clinical care service delivery within PCMG’s professional practices, patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Clinical Practice Manager or Manager, Ambulatory Services Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.