Department: PCH-MAIN | Staffing & Data Resource Ctr
Posting #: 747468
Date Posted: 5/9/2023
Employee Type: Regular
The Supervisor, Supplemental Pool provides supportive leadership, driving accountability in promoting quality patient care and an engaging work environment, during assigned shift. Works collaboratively and effectively with the Supplemental Staffing Leadership, Clinical Educator, Staffing Office, House Supervisors, and nursing leadership. This position works independently and receives supervision of work activities from the Manager and Director of Supplemental Staffing.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Consistently rounds on staff creating a supportive rapport with all team members.
- Provides team leadership, demonstrates strong, consistent clear communication, and serves as a central point of information informing all team members.
- Functions as part of a leadership team with the Manager and Director of Supplemental Staffing operational changes, quality improvement and or productivity issue for the department.
- Acts as a role model by displaying exemplary, compassionate, and professional behavior, motivating staff to provide excellent, patient-focused service
- Manages multiple priorities and applies effective time management skills. Exercises flexibility and accepts the challenge of change in a dynamic environment.
- Identifies opportunities for department process/staff experience improvement and executes solutions under department leadership.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead decisions that reflect organizational standards and values – utilizes the Shared Governance process.
- Utilizes the chain of command to communicate in real time patient care, staff, family, and visitor concerns and outcomes.
- Develops skills among staff including critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, leadership and career advancement.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development and retention.
- Leads employees through ongoing goal setting, training, and performance feedback.
- May participate in the hiring process – interview and unit/organization integration.
- Monitors staff performance and provides direction, coaching, recognition, counseling, and disciplinary action as appropriate utilizing Just Culture concepts/processes.
- Assists manager in developing and revising staffing schedules to required skill mix is available.
- Post finalized schedules based on established timelines, in collaboration with manager and scheduler.
- Responsible for reviewing, adjusting, and approving timecards.
- Collaborates with Supplemental Staffing manager and director, and unit-based leaders to lead, create, and maintain an environment that advocates for staff and promotes individual/team engagement through clinical/administrative expertise and professional leadership.
- Collaborates with other departments healthcare professional team members to maintain effective communication channels by gathering and exchanging information, obtaining solutions to problems, and coordinating services to ensure optimal outcomes are achieved.
- Cultivates and maintains effective interaction/communication with members of the unit based leadership teams and staff to facilitate continuity of patient care.
- Coordinates staff meetings and creates meeting agendas in collaboration with department Manager, Educator, and Director.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.