Supv, Supplemental Pool
The Supervisor, Supplemental Pool provides supportive leadership, driving accountability in promoting quality patient care and an engaging work environment, during assigned shift. Works collaboratively and effectively with the Supplemental Staffing Leadership, Clinical Educator, Staffing Office, House Supervisors, and nursing leadership. This position works independently and receives supervision of work activities from the Manager and Director of Supplemental Staffing.
- Consistently rounds on staff creating a supportive rapport with all team members.
- Provides team leadership, demonstrates strong, consistent clear communication, and serves as a central point of information informing all team members.
- Functions as part of a leadership team with the Manager and Director of Supplemental Staffing operational changes, quality improvement and or productivity issue for the department.
- Acts as a role model by displaying exemplary, compassionate, and professional behavior, motivating staff to provide excellent, patient-focused service
- Manages multiple priorities and applies effective time management skills. Exercises flexibility and accepts the challenge of change in a dynamic environment.
- Identifies opportunities for department process/staff experience improvement and executes solutions under department leadership.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead decisions that reflect organizational standards and values – utilizes the Shared Governance process.
- Utilizes the chain of command to communicate in real time patient care, staff, family, and visitor concerns and outcomes.
- Develops skills among staff including critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, leadership and career advancement.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development and retention.
- Leads employees through ongoing goal setting, training, and performance feedback.
- May participate in the hiring process – interview and unit/organization integration.
- Monitors staff performance and provides direction, coaching, recognition, counseling, and disciplinary action as appropriate utilizing Just Culture concepts/processes.
- Assists manager in developing and revising staffing schedules to required skill mix is available.
- Post finalized schedules based on established timelines, in collaboration with manager and scheduler.
- Responsible for reviewing, adjusting, and approving timecards.
- Collaborates with Supplemental Staffing manager and director, and unit-based leaders to lead, create, and maintain an environment that advocates for staff and promotes individual/team engagement through clinical/administrative expertise and professional leadership.
- Collaborates with other departments healthcare professional team members to maintain effective communication channels by gathering and exchanging information, obtaining solutions to problems, and coordinating services to ensure optimal outcomes are achieved.
- Cultivates and maintains effective interaction/communication with members of the unit based leadership teams and staff to facilitate continuity of patient care.
- Coordinates staff meetings and creates meeting agendas in collaboration with department Manager, Educator, and Director.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable