Department: RSRCH-GRNT | Spiritual Care
Category: Community Outreach
Posting #: 747357
Date Posted: 5/8/2023
Employee Type: Regular
Posting Note: This is a full-time position, Sunday-Thursday from 10:30am-7:00pm
This position will provide religious/spiritual assessment and intervention for patients and families in accordance with the family`s identified spiritual. Collaborates with multidisciplinary staff and external faith leaders to coordinate services and ritualistic ceremonies as requested.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Assesses the religious/spiritual needs of families.
- Utilizes best practices to make formal and informal spiritual assessments
- Utilizes these assessments to form appropriate plans of care
Applies knowledge of various religious beliefs and practices in order to provide care that supports diversity and is sensitive to the family`s specific faith background.
- Establishes rapport quickly and effectively with patients/families in order to meet specific individualized spiritual needs.
- Provides spiritual services in alignment with identified background and expressed wishes of the patient and family.
- Collaborates with external faith leaders to perform rite, rituals, ceremonies and other services which fall outside of the Chaplain`s scope
- Collaborates and communicates with internal staff to share how spirituality is impacting medical decision making.
Documents pertinent information concisely and thoroughly and within hospital standards for documentation.
- Documents pertinent information concisely and thoroughly and within hospital standards for documentation.
- Provides reports and data per department and hospital guidelines.
- Maintains professional competency through regular participation in a variety of educational programs, in-services, and seminars, to ensure ongoing awareness and understanding of best practices related to spiritual interventions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.