Department: CORP | Finance Admin
Posting #: 747223
Date Posted: 5/8/2023
Employee Type: Regular
The Director of Financial Decision Support is responsible for the annual capital budget process, assisting in the internal financial reporting, cost accounting, and product line profitability reporting. Assumes primary responsibility for developing proforma financial evaluations of proposed new capital projects on areas of service for the organization. This position is expected to have an emphasis on superior customer service for both internal and external customers, high quality of work product measured in terms of timeliness and accuracy, and staff development and fiscal responsibility.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Develops proforma financial evaluations of proposed new services and major projects, working closely with appropriate internal and external resources to develop key assumptions. Administers ongoing cost accounting analyses, and supports the operating budget and reporting processes as it relates to cost accounting.
- Administers annual capital budget process in its entirety, preparing proforma analyses when appropriate.
Financial and Clinical Operations Data
- Analyzes, interprets, and communicates financial and clinical operations data effectively, verbally and written.
Data Preparation and Distribution
- Assumes overall responsibility for timeliness and accuracy of data prepared and distributed by the Decision Support Department.
Financial Management Reports and Analyses
- Coordinates the preparation of various capital and operational financial management reports and analyses for use by senior and middle management.
Long Range Financial Plan
- Assists in the development of the long range (five year) financial plan, as well as the planning systems and processes to develop and support it. Assists in the development of a monthly financial forecast and annual development of five year financial and capital planning processes. Along with the Director, Budget & Finance, assists in the review of all financial plans and compares to actual results to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Coaches and develops analyst staff providing ongoing feedback to individuals and department. Guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes with minimal supervision, sets high performance standards and delivers high quality services. Mentors finance team to leverage strengths and increase skill set, with a focus on training staff to develop capital and strategic analyses and communicate effectively with operations leaders throughout the organization. Develops and implements training to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals. Provides leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels of the organization. Creates and promotes a positive and supportive work culture, which is forward facing with our customers.
Annual Operating Budget
- Assists in the annual operating budget process as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.