Department: PCH-MAIN | Anesthesiology
Category: Patient Care Svcs(Tech & Asst)
Posting #: 747172
Date Posted: 5/8/2023
Employee Type: Regular
Posting Note: **Mon-Fri 12pm-8:30p, 10% shift differential, call and holiday requirements**
This position performs a variety of technical support functions related to provision of supplies and equipment for the anesthesiologists in all patient areas to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the area in accordance with all standards and requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Acts as liaison between anesthesiologists and materials and supplies personnel, recommending and assisting with changes in supplies.
Performs a variety of anesthesia technical procedures.
- Operates blood gas analyzing machine in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and established laboratory guidelines.
- Assists with invasive line preparation and monitoring during surgical procedures to provide for maintenance of safe patient care and initiates appropriate corrective action for breaks in technique occurrences.
- Assists to perform room turnovers as part of procedural team to ensure optimal efficiency and availability to meet physician, department, and patient needs.
- Seeks guidance from appropriate sources for performing or assisting with procedures as needed, based on level of personal expertise.
- Serves as preceptor and orients students and staff regarding functions, duties, and role of Anesthesia Tech.
- Performs daily preventative checks and maintenance of all anesthesia machines including, but not limited to, filters, hoses, bellow, and soda lime.
- Reviews requirements of patient, physician, and procedure idiosyncrasies to assess set up, equipment, and supply needs; communicates with procedural team to provide for thorough preparedness.
- Re-stocks and supplies and cleans all anesthesia carts and machines to provide for efficient, effective, and safe department operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.