The Trauma Program Coordinator is responsible for trauma care and quality at designated Phoenix Children`s trauma centers under state designation only. The coordinator promotes the delivery of quality trauma care through clinical practice, consultation, education, collaboration, leadership, outreach, and prevention. The coordinator assumes responsibilities for implementing state trauma designation requirements at Phoenix Children`s satellite campuses under the direction of the Director of Trauma Services and in collaboration with trauma center leadership. The coordinator oversees and facilitates trauma center performance improvement activities as required by state Trauma Center Rules.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Coordinates, implements, and evaluates trauma center performance.
- Responsible for compliance with state rules regarding trauma center performance.
- Participates in the development of trauma care systems at hospital and community level.
- Serves as liaison between main campus trauma program and satellite trauma centers.
- Leads trauma designation activities according to state trauma center rules.
Develops and implements trauma education.
- Identifies education needs at satellite trauma centers.
- Implements effective education strategies.
Coordinates and supports trauma registry data entry.
- Facilitates identification of trauma patients for entry into the registry.
- Supports trauma registry personnel and activities for submission to state and/or national databases as required.
Coordinates and implements trauma outreach activities.
- Provides follow up, feedback, and education to transporting agencies and referring hospitals.
- Identifies opportunities for clinical or systems improvements and implements strategies to improve them.
- Attends local EMS and hospital system meetings as appropriate.
- Supports emergency preparedness activities.
Supports and implements dissemination of trauma clinical care guidelines to trauma centers.
- Identifies appropriate clinical practice guidelines for satellite trauma centers.
- Engages local stakeholders and supports approval and implementation of clinical practice guidelines.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.