Department: PCMG-MAIN | Orthopaedics
Category: Patient Care Svcs(Tech & Asst)
Posting #: 745771
Date Posted: 5/1/2023
Employee Type: Regular
Posting Note: **Location: East Valley- High School Athletic Trainer, full-time**
This position completes the tasks assigned and the duties that are pertinent to patient care both in the orthopaedic clinic and/or outside the clinic. Outside the clinic, the athletic trainer provides support to local high schools and athletic teams, attends games and competitions, and evaluates injuries to determine their management and possible referral to the physicians. In the clinic, the athletic trainer will provide assistance to the orthopaedic practitioners and other staff members with the care and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal conditions.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Collaborates with the physician regarding patient`s plan of care.
- Applies and removes casts, changes dressings, and removes sutures/staples as directed by the presiding practitioner. The employee documents actions taken, supplies used, techniques utilized, related measurements, etc. in the patient`s electronic medical record according to PCH policy.
- Instructs patients with home exercise programs and monitors patient`s physical therapy progress including gait training, theraputic exercises, rehabilitation, and conditioning programs. Provides patient education materials.
- Assists providers with the application, adjustment and removal of splints, slings and other orthopedic DME related appliances.
- Assists clinical staff with the operation of the clinic, including rooming patients, order entry (under the supervision of the physician), physical therapy scheduling, injection preparation, general paperwork and chart preparation.
- Prepares athletes for practice or competition, including taping, bracing, and bandaging. Attends games, competitions, and tournaments. Evaluates injuries to determine their management and possible referral to the physicians.
- Markets the PCH sports medicine program under the direction of the physicians.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.