Department: CORP | Financial Planning & Analysis
Posting #: 744407
Date Posted: 4/24/2023
Employee Type: Regular
This position oversees the coordination and preparation of the annual operating budget, including the preparation of ongoing and ad hoc financial reports to monitor actual results against budget, productivity reporting, and ad hoc financial requests. This position provides support for management review of departmental productivity, as well as review of monthly operating variances and budget to actual comparison with assigned departmental leaders. This position also manages, evaluates, guides and supports budget/financial and productivity personnel.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Oversees Development of Annual Operating Budget and Financial Plan
- Facilitates and coordinates preparation of the Annual Operating Budget and assists in the preparation of the five-year Financial Plan.
Productivity Analysis and Reporting
- Manages department activities related to productivity analysis and reporting, management, analysis and education. Provides benchmark reporting and analysis to establish and monitor departmental productivity standards used for FTE budgeting and flex reporting.
- Manages all aspects of personnel administration including but not limited to recruitment, interviewing, and selection of staff. Coaches and develops budget/financial and productivity analysts by providing ongoing feedback to individuals. Uses appropriate Human Resource policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards. Effectively manages grievances in collaboration with appropriate leadership and Human Resources.
Ad Hoc Business Reporting and Analysis
- Facilitates and coordinates preparation of Ad hoc business Financial Analysis, Financial Plans / Projections. Prepares financial surveys and provides data requests for consultants, hospital leadership and other entities.
Ongoing Interaction with Operational Leadership
- Meets with operational leadership regularly to identify and discuss budgeted expense and volume variances that are reported back to senior leadership.
- Oversees preparation of monthly reports and analysis such as Volume, Revenue, Expense and Operating results.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.