Posting Note: **PRN, Variable Shifts**
This position performs a variety of ultrasound imaging procedures to providedata for diagnosis and monitoring of disease and injuries in accordance withall applicable standards, regulations, and licensing requirements. Requirescompetency in a variety of equipment and technology. Performs duties in arange of acute care pediatric-centered settings.
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations on patients forinterpretation by a radiologist. Determines proper technique and positioning to ensure optimal results in accordance with allapplicable standards, protocols, and procedures. Followsdepartment triage guidelines based on patient acuity and examprioritization. Maintains a safe environment for patients andfamilies, and advocates appropriately. Identifies and troubleshootsmachine malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safeoperations of ultrasound equipment. Reports service needs andpreventive maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Creates a detailed report to include pertinent medical history,ultrasound findings, and measurements for presentation tointerpreting physicians. Report is clear, concise, and grammaticallycorrect.
- Interacts professionally and projects a positive image of theultrasound team. Provides ultrasound safety information topatients, families, and all other affected parties to ensure thoroughunderstanding of the study being performed.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through thecontinual pursuit of knowledge and self-improvement by remainingapprised of current literature, practices, and new developments inthe field of ultrasound.
- Performs finalizing functions using radiology information system(RIS) to facilitate timely and accurate results and charge capture.Archives records in accordance with Radiologist(s) specifications.
- Participates in re-stocking and room turn over to provide forefficient, effective, and safe department operations. Followsestablished infection prevention policies and procedures forproper transducer cleaning.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable