Department: PCH-MAIN | CT
Category: Radiology/Imaging Svcs
Posting #: 743895
Date Posted: 4/21/2023
Employee Type: PRN
This position performs diagnostic computerized tomography scanning procedures to produce consistently high quality examinations in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations and licensing requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- This position receives supervision of work activities from the Mgr, Radiology and this position does not supervise any other position.
- Assists in training of imaging students as needed. Provide CT safety lectures to all hospital staff members as necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by diagnostic imaging.
- Participates in the evaluation and/or development of new procedures, protocols for imaging sequences, and quality improvement initiatives. Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Performs diagnostic computerized tomography scanning procedures and exams. Determines proper techniques and positioning to ensure optimal results in accordance with all applicable standards and procedures.
- Performs finalizing functions, including, but not limited to, limited coding using radiology information system (RIS) to provide for timely and accurate patient information and charge capture. Archives records in accordance with Radiologist specifications.
- Performs regular equipment calibration and maintenance in accordance with established instructions. Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Reports service needs and preventive maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Provides CT safety information and lectures to patients and families to ensure thorough understanding of procedure protocols.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.