Posting Note: **Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. 1-2 late shift per week. Hours 6:30am -3:00pm and will also be expected to SPD duties**
This position performs a variety of technical functions and duties to provide for availability of supplies and equipment and maintains sterile field for operating procedures.
- Assists to perform room turnovers in accordance with established procedure and department requirements/standards as part of procedural team.
Participates in a variety of surgical cases by assisting surgeons at the surgical field.
- Prepares and sets up operating room for surgical procedures and organizes sterile areas, instruments, and equipment in accordance with established procedure, department, and physician requirements and standards.
- Handles and cares for specific instrumentation to prevent breakage and damage.
- Reviews requirements of patient, physician, and procedure idiosyncrasies to assess set up, equipment, and supply needs.
- Communicates with procedural team to provide for thorough preparedness.
- Seeks guidance from appropriate source for performing or assisting with procedures as needed based on level of personal expertise.
- Handles and labels all specimens.
- Suggests and assists update and maintain physician preference cards.
- Participates in re-stocking, re-supplying, and cleaning of all operating rooms, specialty carts, and sterile core to provide for efficient, effective, and safe department operations.
- Serves as preceptor to students and orients regarding functions, duties, and role of Surgical Technician.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable