Certified Diabetes EducatorApply!
Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s Endocrine division is in search of a Registered dietitian with current Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist credentials. This position is full time; it offers one remote day a week, dental, vision, and health insurance. Additionally, it offers tuition reimbursement, paid time off, diabetes technology training, a supportive and collaborative work culture, among other benefits. You will work in a multidisciplinary team to provide direct patient care using medical nutrition therapy (MNT), diabetes self-management, and diabetes prevention education to patients and their families.
This position develops, implements, and evaluates proactive patient educational plans and programs to address patient care needs in accordance with established best practices, standards, requirements, and regulations
- Collaborates with colleagues within the Endocrine Department to support the departmental strategic plan and ongoing institutional growth. Collaborates with other disciplines and departments as a change agent and participates in the evaluation of outcomes. Completes nursing assessment of patient conditions consistent with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors, to determine initial level of compliance with treatment plan per policy and unit guidelines. Performs ongoing patient and family assessments and identifies variations from diagnoses. Continually evaluates patient responses to care, teaching, and discharge plans. Documents patient progress in appropriate charts and shares observations and assessment outcomes with health care team and family to ensure timely communication and understanding of patient health status, progress, and ongoing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing required activities within established parameters to ensure compliance with all applicable medication, storage and documentation standards, regulations, and requirements. Engages in ongoing organizational endeavors which supports the philosophy and values of Phoenix Children`s Hospital, nursing, model of care, and professional development of staff. Plans, implements, and evaluates learning opportunities based on evidence using a variety of teaching strategies. Seeks and takes advantage of opportunities to enhance own professional growth and development. Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate. Works collaboratively with patient care team and family members to establish and implement plan of care to ensure coordination of activities and ongoing communication of patient health status; participates in patient care rounds and patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Patient Case Management.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable