The Research Scientist is responsible for the coordination and administration of clinical trials. This individual develops, implements, and coordinates research and administrative procedures for the successful management of clinical trials. This role performs diverse administrative duties requiring critical thinking and analysis, sound judgment, and a high level of knowledge of study specific protocols. Along with the Director of Research for Neuroscience, this position maintains oversight of the neuroscience research portfolio to ensure steady growth and alignment with institutional goals.
- Oversees study management, staffing and study conduct.
- Oversees protocol specific requirements and coordinates all aspects of clinical trials. Oversees trial recruitment goals, collection of data and proper reporting.
- Reviews research study applications to ensure feasibility of effort and coordination with all required resources/requirements for successful implementation. Reviews research study proposals for completeness and provides guidance to investigators and research staff.
- Applies diversified knowledge of scientific research principles, practices, and protocols in Neuroscience research projects.
- Acts as liaison with other areas to facilitate collaborative research. Collaborates with the Research Manager and Office of Research to assure adherence to department and hospital-wide Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Collaborates with the Research Manager in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating department policies, procedures, and processes.
- Helps with the implementation of quality assurance plans and conducts audits of clinical research activities to ensure compliance with funding source requirements, IRB standards, and federal/state regulations.
- Assists investigators with preparing analyzing, reporting, and other documentation for publication.
- Prepares grant proposals to obtain funding in support of research activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable