Respiratory Therapist - Avondale
Posting Note: This is a day shift position for our Avondale location.
This position facilitates and administers respiratory care, including routine and complex procedures, using a wide variety of techniques and equipment. Ensures care meets quality standards established by the hospital, department and regulatory agencies and maintains all skills and knowledge sufficient to provide safe, effective, and developmentally appropriate care to all ages of patients from neonate to adolescent. This position also participates in executing quality improvement initiatives.
Safely performs various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures according to established standards, procedural guidelines, and policies.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of the proper and safe use of all Respiratory Care interventions and related equipment. Successfully completes initial competency validations and ongoing re-validations. Troubleshoots interventions and equipment as it applies to various patient care situations.
Interacts with and explains care modalities to patients, families, and the health care team in an understandable manner based on individual diversity and learning styles.
- Introduces oneself to the family, patient, and health care team. Displays a positive customer relations attitude.
Accurately and reliably interprets and communicates patient data.
- Consistently provides thorough patient clinical status reports to applicable members of the health care team using effective communication methods. Displays a level of inquiry and self development.
Assesses patients clinical status, evaluates progress towards goals, and recommends courses of action.
- Displays personal accountability to locate and follow policy, procedure, and competency references. Makes recommendations based on literature, best practices, and available evidence.
Analyzes critical situations and applies appropriate judgment and critical thinking for problem resolution.
- Communicates experiences, safety concerns, and improvement opportunities to the appropriate personnel. Completes occurrence reports as appropriate.
Continuously improves and takes the initiative to develop knowledge and skills through appropriate learning experiences and opportunities.
- Attends educational offerings, departmental meetings, and stays appraised of departmental and hospital communication. Personally accountable for ongoing self development in advances related to respiratory care.
Works effectively in a team-based environment especially during stressful situations involving quickly changing priorities. Displays appropriate leadership skills to instill trust and credibility.
- Intervenes appropriately in urgent and emergent situations. Actively engaged in patient care planning with the health care team.
Manages multiple priorities and applies effective time management skills, using downtime for work related activities.
- Ensures timely and accurate patient care and billing documentation. Communicates assignment changes in a timely fashion. Maintains an acceptable level of productivity.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable