Medical Lab Technician IIApply!
Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s is recruiting for Medical Lab Technician/Scientists to join our Microbiology, Blood Bank, and Core Lab teams at the Thomas Main Lab located in downtown Phoenix. $3000 sign on bonus is offered. Full-time and PRN on all shifts are available. Duties include specimen processing, testing, and result reporting. The positions may offer set work schedules if desired. We strive for positive culture, safe work environment, and service excellence. We offer competitive pay and benefit package in the valley.
The Medical Laboratory Technician II has a working comprehension of the technical and procedural aspects of laboratory tests. The MLT II comprehends and follows procedural guidelines to perform laboratory tests to include instrument operation and troubleshooting, result reporting and record documentation, quality control monitoring, computer applications and safety requirements. This position receives supervision of completed work activities from the supervisor.
- Follows established procedures for preparing clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports of test results, analysis, and examinations to ensure timely and thorough data for patient treatment decisions.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by medical laboratory medicine.
- Follows procedural guidelines, participates in standard and complex patient testing and quality control testing of samples, and plans techniques based on assessment of findings and accepted protocols.
- Performs a variety of standard and complex laboratory tests and procedures to determine presence of normal and abnormal components as related to specific job function within the laboratory.
- Performs regular instrument maintenance in accordance with established instructions. Takes corrective action according to predetermined criteria or refers the problem to the appropriate supervisor.
- Assists peers with work assignments as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable