Posting Note: Great opportunity to work in the Endocrinology clinic. You will support up to 5 doctors/NPs, and work with a tight knit group of professionals. The primary job duties for this unique position will be providing triage for patients/families who call in for advice on various concerns; reviewing urgent requests for endocrinology screens; meeting with patient/families to administer injections in the clinic - or providing training/education to patient/families on how to give an injection. Injections may include growth hormone deficiency, various endocrinology disorders, early onset of puberty, and/or suppression of puberty. PCH is also the primary source for the review of all abnormal newborns screens in the state for endocrinology. Our department will take all the calls in regards to an abnormal newborn endocrinology screen, and follow up with the appropriate areas to verify the screening, as well as providing recommendation to families on next steps regarding further testing and diagnosis. The endocrinology unit does not work with patients who are diabetics, but work in partnership with a team of doctors/NPs to provide education/training to newly diagnosed endocrinology patients. This is a very fast paced unit, and the successful candidate will have strong multi tasking skills, time management and outstanding critical thinking skills and follow up. This position is a full time, M - F, 8 AM - 5 PM, but may have some flexibility in hours once training has been completed to go to 4 /10hr shifts. We are looking for a nurse who has 3 - 5 years of pediatric experience to be part of our team. This position, in collaboration with the healthcare team, patient, and family, coordinates and promotes patient health utilizing evidence-based practice in the delivery of professional nursing care across the care continuum. This position advocates for the patient and family adhering to nursing and medical plans of care, regulatory standards, and organizational values. Computer saavy: Zoom, scheduling teaches, injections. Mediation teaches. In clinic, NO DIABETES; Endocrin critical thinking, move quicky, fast paced environment; faced paced, multi tasking;
This position, in collaboration with the healthcare team, patient, and family, coordinates and promotes patient health utilizing evidence-based practice in the delivery of professional nursing care across the care continuum. This position advocates for the patient and family adhering to nursing and medical plans of care, regulatory standards, and organizational values.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Utilizes multiple platforms to complete a nursing assessment of patients and their families consistent with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors. Synthesizes and analyzes data to determine nursing diagnoses, prioritize needs, and develop a nursing plan of care.
- Implements plans of care in accordance with regulatory and organizational policies, procedures, and guidelines. Provides health education related to health promotion and the management of acute and chronic health conditions including skills required to maintain and restore health. Coordinates care and manages care transitions within the organization and the community, working collaboratively with the healthcare team, patient, and family to promote positive outcomes and prevent complications. Advocates for patients and families, offering support and guidance related to navigating ambulatory services and processes, resource management, and community-based services. Partners with patients and families to establish realistic goals and expectations.
- Continually evaluates patient understanding and response to the plan of care. Shares observations and assessment outcomes with healthcare team, patient, and family to ensure timely communication and understanding of health status, progress, and ongoing needs. Modifies nursing diagnoses and plan of care based on re-evaluation. Documents in the medical record.
- Facilitates the delivery of safe patient care, monitoring quality and regulatory indicators, and working with leaders to identify process improvement opportunities. Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing required activities within establish parameters to ensure compliance with all applicable medication, storage, and documentation standards, regulations, and requirement.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.