This position develops and maintains positive vendor relationships on behalf of the Hospital to ensure ongoing availability of products, supplies, and materials by negotiating prices, terms, and conditions to ensure maintenance of stock levels in accordance with established policies, standards, and accrediting and licensing requirements.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and/or copies of all purchase orders and corresponding records/receipts to ensure compliance with all licensing and accrediting regulations and requirements.
- Negotiates contracts for equipment, supplies, and services to ensure procurement of required materials most economically while developing and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
- Prepares a variety of managerial reports and analysis, including, but not limited to, budget information, supply utilization, replenishment levels, and capital expenditures to assist develop recommendations and strategies to minimize expenses.
- Prepares purchasing requisitions for supplies, services, and materials to ensure timely availability in support of operations in accordance with established policies and pricing constraints.
- Prepares requests for proposals/quotes and analyzes bid responses to ensure optimal terms and conditions at best price in accordance with established requirements and standards.
- Procures difficult and complicated purchases, including, but not limited to, major supplies, prime vendor agreements, locally negotiated agreements, and pooled purchase contracts. Contributes to cost savings through negotiations.
- Serves as liaison between hospital and vendors, wholesalers, and group purchasing organizations to assist in timely delivery of product information.
- Works closely and cooperatively with other staff members and senior management, providing technical support and expert counsel of product and vendor information to develop recommendations for procurement.
- Works closely and in conjunction with departmental management to establish inventory level standards to ensure continuously availability of items.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable