Department: PCMG-MAIN | PCMG Admin
Posting #: 739464
Date Posted: 4/3/2023
Employee Type: Regular
This position provides clinical and operational leadership of patient care services with direct supervision of nursing and support staff. In addition, it ensures consistent provision of developmentally appropriate quality patient care in accordance with all applicable federal, regulatory and professional standards and requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Assists to identify staff learning needs from a group and individual perspective. Ensures ongoing education to meet learning needs. Ensures staff progression through required competencies and documentation of same. Interviews, hires, evaluates, and improves performance of assigned staff. Monitors staff performance and provides direction, coaching recognition, counseling and disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Ensures staff compliance of Chex, yearly skills labs and competencies as assigned per job description.
Assists with development of operational plans for each fiscal year and monitors these plans. Helps to manage the daily operation of the site/department(s).
- Assists with any scheduling and flow of patients as well as physician template and session maintenance.
Coordinates patient placement, flow and/or triage between and among all applicable care areas or departments based upon independent assessment and evaluation of staff competencies and patient/family needs. Works collaboratively with all staff for patient admission/discharge/transfer to ensure timely and complete education and documentation.
- Ensures complete documentation of regulatory required transfer/transport documentation for emtala compliance. Ensures complete patient hand-off communication.
Creates a climate of external and internal customer satisfaction. Concurrently resolves issues as appropriate and consults others as needed.
- Responds timely with investigation and/or correspondence per patient grievance policy. Communicates patient satisfaction results and develops improvement action plans.
Ensures completion and investigation of occurrence reports. Proactively identifies patient safety risks and participates in risk avoidance strategies. Exhibits commitment to improving service and product quality for internal and external customers. Designs processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness. Coaches employees on established customer relations program by conducting periodic surveys and recommending improved procedures to meet or exceed the appropriate expectations of patients and staff.
- Ensures work practices meet health, fire, safety and regulatory requirements, compliance with Joint Commission and HIPPAA standards. Maintains accurate employee communication documentation and completes employee 90-day and annual evaluations.
Participates in and ensures evidence based literature review to improve clinical care, policies and procedures, guidelines, programs and protocols.
- Reviews and updates assigned policies.
Prepares, justifies and administers operating and capital budgets for the site/division(s) and the related programmatic areas within institutional guidelines and in accordance with strategic plans. Monitors financial performance through key metric analysis. Audits, monitors and manages the charge capture and charge reconciliation processes for the site/division(s). Assists in developing business plans for short-term and long-term goals. Manages the purchasing and expense tracking processes, utilizing internal controls and reconciliation practices.
- Manages productivity measurements for staffing/UOS and expenses in epsi and e-request.
Provides clinical care within professional domain to ensure delivery of quality integrated developmentally appropriate family center patient care.
- Serves as a clinical resource and advocate to staff, patients and families for key processes and systems. Facilitates employee education as identified and manages competencies in employee files.
Staffs, schedules and appropriately uses nursing and support staff. Monitors staffing levels of current and upcoming shift for the department based on patient acuity, staff competencies and patient volume. Ensures accuracy of patient charges and justification of supply and equipment utilization. Participates in cost containment.
- Works collaboratively as part of clinical leadership within PCMG to provide guidance and direction to staff by taking an active role in planning, making decisions, and communicating to health care team issues affecting the interdisciplinary team and integration of patient care activities.
- Attends and participates in clinical leadership monthly meetings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.