Posting Note: This position reports directly to the Inpatient Pharmacy Operations Manager for hiring, termination, practice direction and annual evaluation. Receives direction from the Compliance Pharmacist Specialist and has accountability to the Sr. Manager of Pharmacy Services.
This position is responsible for working in conjunction with the Compliance Pharmacist Specialist to ensure all compliance duties are complete to meet regulatory requirements for federal, state and quality agencies organizationally. Reports directly to the Inpatient Pharmacy Operations Manager for hiring, termination, practice direction and annual evaluation. Receives direction from the Compliance Pharmacist Specialist and has accountability to the Sr. Manager of Pharmacy Services.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Actively completes the daily duties for Controlled and Dangerous Substances and Narcotic (CDSN) medications in pharmacy operations and organizationally.
- Produces and monitors daily activity for proactive diversion for all areas
- Assists with scheduled and on demand diversion audits and tracking reports
- Performs any technical duties related to corrective actions for CDSN in automated dispensing machines (all areas of organization).
- Serves as a system expert for proactive diversion and pharmacy IT programs.
- Actively provides ongoing and proactive reports and task responsibilities for all regulatory compliance and continuous survey readiness for medication management under the direction of the Compliance Pharmacist Specialist.
- Actively participates in organizational compliance, regulatory and survey readiness committees.
- Serves as the technical support for all duties related to regulatory agencies for on-site and remote surveys and assists to assure continuous readiness.
- Actively manages daily tasks related to medication management and control compliance, resolves issues and maintains documentation for all survey and oversight activities for the organization.
- Actively works in conjunction with the Compliance Pharmacist Specialist to support the Pharmacy, Nursing, Quality, Risk, Office of Business Integrity (OBI), Legal, PCMG, Security, HR departments, Executive Leadership, Sr. Leadership, Medical Staff, Pharmacy Leadership, and other ad hoc groups related to medication compliance reporting, monitoring and integrity to assure compliance with standards, statues, and regulations.
- Actively monitors and provides reports, analysis and remediation needs related to compliance and medication control in conjunction with and under the oversight of the Compliance Pharmacist to assure compliance organizationally.
- Performs department based and organizational area inspections for main campus, PCMG and off-site ambulatory clinics and urgent care centers to assure ongoing compliance.
- Performs in the role of a pharmacy technician when needed for patient care.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.