Under the guidance of the orthopaedic physicians and providers, this position completes tasks assigned and duties that are pertinent to patient care in the Orthopaedic clinic.
- Supports providers with routine clinic care functions, including patient intake, discharge, and follow up care. Records and communicates patient related information to the health care provider.
- Applies and removes casts, changes dressings, and removes sutures/staples as directed by the presiding practitioner. The employee documents actions taken, supplies used, techniques utilized, related measurements, etc. in the patient’s electronic medical record according to PCH policy.
- Assists providers with the application, adjustment and removal of splints, slings, and other orthopedic DME related appliances.
- Manages patient calls by coordinating with other health care professionals to complete patient requests and documents a phone note when applicable.
- Prepares and administers medications and processes medication refills as directed by provider.
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable