Interventional Radiology Technologist
This position performs radiographic procedures for interventional studies in specialized areas.
- This position receives supervision of work activities from the Mgr, Diagnostic Imaging and this position does not supervise any other position.
- Coordinates daily work schedule with Radiologists and responds to emergencies as they occur.
- Demonstrates competency in use of all applicable aspects of the RIS and PACS.
- Orders, maintains, and understands the use and function of all ancillary equipment used in both diagnostic and therapeutic examinations.
- Participates in continuing education. Trains with IV team prior to performing venous punctures. Takes certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Perform venous punctures and maintains central venous line during examination. Is prepared to administer C.P.R. Operates radiographic equipment to produce angiographic, digital, and other specialized images.
- Performs duties of Team Leader in his or her absence.
- Performs follow-up observation and monitoring until patients leave the department.
- Performs hemodynamic monitoring duties, which includes set-up and maintenance of transducer, physiological data recorder, ECG monitor, oxymetry, digital cardiac outputs, and peripheral vascular recorders.
- Performs image manipulation according to department protocol.
- Performs on-call duties and work variable shifts as assigned to meet department needs.
- Performs quality control checks on equipment and ensures that proper procedures are followed.
- Performs radiographic procedures for interventional studies. Prepares patients for procedures. Explains procedures. Injects approved medications under the direct presence and supervision of Radiologists performing diagnostic and therapeutic IR procedures.
- Teaches use of IR equipment and procedures to staff. Performs research projects under the direction of Radiologists or Section Chiefs.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable