Posting Note: This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
This position is responsible for the operational planning, coordination, and execution of inpatient pharmacy services for Phoenix Children’s. As a leader within the department, this individual works to plan, direct, and coordinate pharmacy services in accordance with professional standards, regulatory and licensing agency policies, and federal and state laws related to the practice of pharmacy. This role provides oversight of the overall pharmacy compounding, packaging, and distribution services. The leader coordinates work flows with other team members to ensure a productive and efficient environment while promoting optimal professional development. The Director of Inpatient Pharmacy Operations reports directly to the Vice President Chief Pharmacy Officer.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Responsible for effectively planning, developing, implementing, leading, and providing oversight for inpatient pharmacy operations.
- a. Develops and provides oversight for inpatient pharmacy operations strategic planning goals and objectives that are consistent with departmental and organizational strategic plan, budget goals and metrics.
- b. In conjunction with the Director of Clinical Pharmacy, Education, and Research, effectively develops and implements inpatient pharmacy services while. functioning as the department liaison for all inpatient pharmacy operations.
- Oversees and assures compliance and accountability of controlled substances in accordance with state and federal regulations and completes all documentation needed for annual Board of Pharmacy inspections. Serves as the designated Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) for the Thomas Campus Inpatient Pharmacy License and DEA permits and provides oversight for remote inpatient pharmacy activities.
- Helps lead the pharmacy department’s pharmacoeconomic stewardship efforts and works effectively in collaboration with all other department leaders to develop and implement cost reduction strategies to maintain budgeted costs.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures that ensure appropriate, cost-effective, and safe medication management that maintains compliance and the approved hospital formulary system..
Actively leads inpatient and related ambulatory operations and supports departmental quality control programs related to medication management as appropriate.
- a. Maintains an active role and serves as a leader in supporting compliant medication management processes.
- b. Ensures that inpatient and ambulatory clinic pharmacy services are in compliance with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
- c. Actively plans, provides oversight and implements existing and new programs for inpatient and related pharmacy services.
Serves on and occasionally leads institutional and medical staff committees as assigned.
- a. Manages all operations clinical contracts and vendors in collaboration with other department leaders.
- b. Helsp promote and support departmental survey readiness.
- c. Development of pharmacy department quality assurance and process improvement measures to support safe patient care.
Directly supervises and provides on time performance evaluations, assures competency training for assigned inpatient operational leaders and staff, and helps implement programs that support employee engagement.
- a. Implements regular, proactive and effective employee reward and recognition programs and performance improvement plans as required.
- b. Actively participates in effective employee engagement and periodic feedback to the staff to meet or exceed department and organizational goals.
- Actively serves as the primary administrative contact and liaison for inpatient pharmacy operations and requests for customer service support within the organization and provides timely and effective follow-up, problem resolution and communication to pharmacy leaders, staff and external customers.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.