Pharmacy Tech I - OPApply!
This position, under the supervision of a Pharmacist, assists in the procurement, storage, preparation, distribution, and delivery of medications, information, and other pharmaceutical products to Phoenix Children’s patients. Duties are performed in accordance with all applicable Arizona Board of Pharmacy statutes and rules and department policies and procedures. This position reports directly to the Outpatient Pharmacy Manager. This position also receives supervision from Clinical Pharmacists, Lead Pharmacists and Lead Pharmacy Technicians. This position does not supervise any other positions.
- Assists in accurately preparing and labeling medications in accordance with Arizona Board of Pharmacy statutes, rules, and department policy. Verifies accuracy under the supervision of a pharmacist prior to dispensing and delivery in accordance with scope of practice and department procedure. Defers to supervising pharmacist when appropriate.
Utilizes Pharmacy Management Software
- Utilizes pharmacy information software to process prescriptions and maintain patient records, ensuring that all information is accurate and complete. Processes insurance claims, bills medications, and credits when appropriate, to ensure accurate and timely revenue capture.
Customer Service Support
- Actively performs as the first line for customer service support for the Pharmacy by answering telephones appropriately and provides direct service to hospital staff and external customers at the Pharmacy service counter. Operates Point of Sale system, actively triages telephone calls and Vocera messages in a timely manner and defers calls and questions to a pharmacist when issue is outside of scope of practice. Exhibits PCH Values of excellence in clinical care, service, and communication at all times. Proactively solves customer service issues independently when appropriate.
- Supports maintenance of established inventory levels of medications and supplies. Assists with receipt and stocking of medications and supplies from designated vendors and PCH Supply Chain. Rotates pharmacy inventory to ensure oldest stock is utilized first and all expired supplies and medications are removed prior to stated expiration date.
- Completes and documents various quality assurance measures and checklists including, but not limited to; cleaning logs, equipment maintenance, inventory management logs and any other record keeping tool as required. Follows all department and hospital environment of care and waste control for pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical waste in accordance with established standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in a variety of department process improvement initiatives, in-service programs, and meetings to maintain ongoing awareness of best practices, methods, and techniques. Utilizes departmental training to serve as a trainer for new staff as requested. May be asked to complete department relevant continuing education.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable