Department: PCH-MAIN | Language Services
Category: Interpreter & Translation Svcs
Posting #: 731549
Date Posted: 2/23/2023
Employee Type: Regular
This position provides language interpretation services between patients, families and healthcare team to ensure comprehension of cultural considerations during treatment planning.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Concurrently performs bilingual interpretation (English and foreign language) of patient care needs between patient, family, and health care team members to ensure understanding of needs, issues, and/or concerns.
- Consecutive interpretation following national standards of practice and ethics.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of interpretation activities.
- Participates in a variety of department and/or hospital sponsored educational programs to maintain skills and competencies.
- Works closely and in conjunction with Translator by identifying documents, materials, and other written information, including, but not limited to, consents and discharge information requiring translation.
- As part of the health care team, refers identified psychosocial issues to social work, child life, pastoral care, or other family centered care departments to ensure appropriate and effective response to patient/family needs.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.