Posting Note: This is a new position to support the growth of our clinical programs.
This position manages the clinical pharmacy programs as well as assumes other departmental responsibilities such as implementing new pharmacy programs, educating, and training pharmacy personnel, residents, and students. Responsible for the direct supervision of clinical pharmacy services staff to include Clinical Pharmacy Specialists, Clinical Pharmacists, Clinical Research Pharmacists, Research Pharmacy Technicians, and Pharmacy Interns. This position is also responsible for the human resource management functions of direct reports. As a leader within the pharmacy, this individual is responsible for working with other pharmacy leaders to prioritize, plan and appropriately allocate resources needed to meet key department clinical initiatives. The Clinical Pharmacy Manager reports directly to the Director of Clinical Pharmacy, Education, and Research.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Directs development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical pharmacy programs and services and acts as a consultant in areas of expertise. Actively participates with developing and planning department goals, and objectives that advance pharmacy practice and are consistent with the Hospital’s mission, vision, values and operating cycle.
- Directly supervises and instructs clinical specialists, clinical research pharmacists, research pharmacy technicians, clinical pharmacists and students. Oversees the clinical competency training of these individuals. Maintains competency as a clinical pharmacist and able to staff as needed.
- Develops and implements treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes, and critical pathways as approved by appropriate committees.
- Assists with the maintenance and dissemination of drug information through in-service education of department personnel, hospital personnel, and consultation with patients, families, hospital staff and medical staff. Contributes to the advancement of the profession through oral case presentations, publication, presentations at local, state and national meetings and providing community education.
- Contributes to pharmacy department pharmacoeconomic efforts and formulary management and assists pharmacy leaders to develop and implement cost reduction strategies to maintain costs within budget and realize pharmaceutical cost reduction opportunities.
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures and protocols and recommends therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed.
- Contributes to and maintains departmental Quality Control programs as appropriate and ensures compliance with DNV accreditation Standards and National Patient Safety Goals for clinical measures.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Pharmacy, Education, and Research inleading P&T efforts and meeting agenda and actively participates in other hospital sponsored clinical, quality, safety, and research and performance improvement committees as assigned. Prepares and leads drug reviews, MUE criteria, adverse drug reaction analysis and reporting, medication error reporting, pharmacy newsletters and pharmacy interventions.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Pharmacy, Education, and Research in the development and implementation of clinical competency and education modules. Routinely assesses departmental education needs and provides the appropriate learning experiences, i.e. on the job training, workshop, in-services, etc.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.