Behavioral Health Technician
Posting Note: **Float Unit- Full-time and part-time available** BHT's float to all units within hospital - ED, IP Psych, Acute care and Critical Care floors**
This position provides individual and group age appropriate developmental and psychosocial supervision, support, and treatment consistent with established objectives, including crisis management, group facilitation and use of behavioral management and modification procedures to facilitate achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
- Assists the physician, RN, Social Worker and other treatment team members in decision-making to ensure complete and appropriate information is shared.
- Identifies and reports any pertinent behavioral, medical, and/or psychosocial data to the physician, RN, and/or Social Worker.
- Provides continuous therapeutic care and observation to patients in their daily routines, including meals, school sessions, social and education groups, and activities of daily living to assist in achievement of established treatment plan outcomes for modification of behavior.
- Assists in the education of parents regarding behavioral/emotional techniques and support.
- Implements behavior management protocols in a safe, and therapeutic manner.
- Responds to crisis situations appropriately, effectively, and calmly to ensure ongoing safety of patients and others.
- Serves as positive role model by establishing maintaining positive, therapeutic relationships and appropriate boundaries with patients and their guardians.
- Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Completes vital sign monitoring per policy.
- Be a sitter for patients needing 1:1 supervision across the hospital for medical or behavioral reasons.
- 11. Maintains confidentiality.
- Plans, organizes, and leads skills-based groups related to social skills, coping skills, self-esteem, relaxation, creative expression, and cooperative play.
- Plans activities that are appropriate for the developmental level of the participants and promotes participation by each participant.
- Demonstrates effective group management by dealing with problem behaviors promptly, and recognizing and rewarding positive participation and behaviors.
- Assists in the transport of patients to off-unit activities maintaining safety, order, and direction.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills by adjusting the pace of the group in response to the participants needs.
- Documents patient progress, functioning, and interventions in the appropriate charting format.
- Documents unusual occurrences, accidents and incidents in the appropriate reporting format.
- Actively participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team to develop and employ a total patient care program by consistently attending and contributing to multi-disciplinary staffing and team meetings.
- Influences coworkers in a positive direction.
- Participates in cooperative efforts by contributing to discussions, listening to others' ideas, and supporting group consensus.
- Accepts any challenges within the hospital and/or unit as a shared responsibility.
- Respects differing viewpoints even when in conflict with their own.
- Shares complete and unbiased information in an open and professional manner.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development.
- Provides work assignments and indirect supervision to program volunteers.
- Receives close clinical supervision from behavioral health providers qualified to ensure ongoing knowledge, skills, and competency.
- Participates in unit based and hospital sponsored educational programs to maintain skills and competencies.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable