Department: PCMG-MAIN | General Pediatrics
Category: Patient Care Svcs(Tech & Asst)
Posting #: 729195
Date Posted: 2/14/2023
Employee Type: Regular
The MA Specialty Care Coordinator works under the direction of a licensed healthcare professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for a designated department, clinic or patient population at Phoenix Children’s. This position requires a clinical knowledge base to facilitate patient care, eliminate barriers, improve the overall quality of care and enhance the patient experience.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Clinic Flow/Direct Care
- Works with the care team to optimize the patient care experience for patients and families; helping patients overcome barriers to care, improving overall quality of care and enhancing patient and clinic flows.
- Focuses on patient population, patients, or family’s individual needs.
- Utilizes multiple means of communication including telephone screening, in-person interaction and the use of current and future technologies.
- Communicates relevant clinical information to the physicians and team to optimize patient outcomes and goals.
- Increases patient/family comprehension by providing patients and families with written education as directed by provider.
Management of Patient’s Condition
- Acts as a liaison for families within specified population (s); works collaboratively with patients, providers, nurses, referral and specialty coordinators, and office staff.
- Monitors patient/family adherence to care plan
- Identifies gaps in care and assures timely follow-up as appropriate which may include: facilitating appointment scheduling, records requests, and referrals.
- Provides patient/family with written education as directed by the provider that focuses on health promotion, management of health issues, and prevention of complications as defined by the healthcare team members.
- Utilizes a variety of strategies to effect positive patient/family outcomes.
- Prepares patient and family as they transition through the care continuum.
- Facilitates communication between patient, family, interdisciplinary team and agencies.
- Provides patient/family with department/organization approved written information regarding support groups or community resources with the goal of enhancing patient health and well-being.
Operations of Clinic Services
- Works collaboratively with unit and provider leadership by contributing in planning, decision-making, and communication to healthcare team.
- Works with the providers and leadership to identify opportunities for process improvement that will streamline care and improve outcomes and patient experience.
- Ensures communication and coordination of ordered procedures, tests, referrals and follow up care in conjunction with appropriate services and agencies.
- Collects data and prepares charts for upcoming visits; facilitates the scheduling of outside specialty testing, receipt of test results and follow-up on DME and specialty medication orders.
- Streamlines clinic visits by performing prior authorizations and assuring families are prepared for clinic visits.
- Collaborates with leadership as needed to ensure smooth, efficient flow for quality patient care.
- Facilitates completion of requested / required documents including, but not limited to: school letters, forms, FMLA, release of information, Child Rehabilitative Services application, etc.
- Reports to leadership any written and/or verbal documentation of concerns/suggestions regarding patient data or compliance.
- Shares knowledge relevant to patient/family specialty population with staff.
- Has working knowledge of professional, regulatory, and governmental agency standards to guide care of patient population.
Program Monitoring, Needs and Outcomes, and Continuity of Care
- Participates with multidisciplinary team to evaluate quality outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for readily available and accessible data to support quality measures.
- Provides support to patients and families in transitioning across the care continuum which may include hospital based services, community based services, and other healthcare professionals.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- May be required to work at other locations/departments as directed by leadership.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.