Posting Note: Phoenix Children's is hiring a Clinical Education specialist for our NICU!! This position will be responsible for education needs for our NICU staff. In this role, you will be providing training for all new hires, annually review all staff competencies, provide monthly education training at staff meetings as needed. Incumbent will develop very strong relationships with department managers and supervisors to identify training needs for staff, as well as being involved in hiring decisions of internal/external staff. Incumbent must have experience working in the critical care setting, and the successful candidate will be a self-starter, who is able to understand the goals of the department, take the initiative to execute the plans with minimal direction. Incumbent will work with vendors to coordinate the presentation of new procedures or processes that will impact the care of the patients in the acute and critical care units. This role will work closely with all levels of the inpatient services, as well as across organizational lines to determine the training needs, frequency and implementation of all current and future training needs. This position develops, implements, and evaluates proactive educational plans and programs to address staff and departmental needs to ensure ongoing enhancement and improvement of staff skills, competencies, and professional growth in accordance with established standards, requirements, and regulations.
This position develops, implements, and evaluates proactive educational plans and programs to address staff and departmental needs to ensure ongoing enhancement and improvement of staff skills, competencies and professional growth in accordance with established standards, requirements and regulations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Collaborates with colleagues within the educational department to support the departmental strategic plan and ongoing institutional growth.
- Collaborates with other disciplines and departments as a change agent and participates in the evaluation of outcomes.
- Engages in ongoing organizational endeavors which support the philosophy and values of Phoenix Children’s Hospital, nursing, model of care and professional development of staff.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates learning opportunities based on evidence using a variety of teaching strategies.
- Seeks and takes advantage of opportunities to enhance own professional growth and development.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.