Sr Collections Specialist
This position monitors payer trends, trends in accounts receivable, denials, and unpaid claims and reviews information from both payer and division level. This position also provides feedback to management on trends related to coding, scheduling, registration, cash collections, charge-posting, and authorization issues.
- Interprets claims processing reports and applies information to produce clean claims as well as, maintains current knowledge of regulatory billing requirements
- Identifies delays, negative trends, and process slippages on assigned projects. Determines sources of problems and corrective actions required. Initiates corrective procedures as appropriate and expedites same.
- Monitors accounts receivable to help ensure the integrity and accuracy of the revenue cycle. Assists in obtaining appropriate reimbursement on all claims.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Participates in relationship management activities with payers. Facilitates payer meetings by providing information and examples of specific issues and trends. Coordinates follow-up with payers or responsible department until the issues are resolved.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Works closely with management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations for plans, denial trends, and operating forecasts.
- Works with contract management to maintain proactive knowledge of payer requirements to minimize financial risk to the institution. Maintains a working knowledge of MPV and all associated reporting.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable