Department: PCH-MAIN | Distribution & Central Supply
Category: Material Mgmt/Purchasing
Posting #: 727518
Date Posted: 2/6/2023
Employee Type: Regular
This position performs a variety of routine tasks and functions to stock, clean, and transport equipment, and other patient related items to provide for the maintenance of efficiently functioning patient care areas in accordance with established schedules, practices, and standards.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Cleans and sanitizes central core and unit specific equipment. Strips down, disinfects, and places in clean bagging of isolates and DME in accordance with established procedures, enduring proper PPE is maintained at all times.
- Inventories and re-stocks clean equipment rooms in accordance with established par levels. Assists other areas as needed.
- Maintains pass-down report for the following shift (1st shift to 2nd shift Equipment Coordinators and 2nd shift to 3rd shift Material Handlers).
- Participates in a variety of department and hospital sponsored educational programs to maintain skills and competencies.
- Performs inventory counts of all equipment, rooms, and soiled utility rooms. Stocks and replenishes items to provide for ongoing availability of required items.
- Delivers broken equipment to Biomed from each unit. Informs the unit manager if proper work orders are not completed.
- Transports a variety of medical supplies, and materials to and from care areas.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.