Child Life Specialist
Posting Note: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) with Inpatient Cardiac Intensive Care. Relocation assistance available!
This position plans and provides therapeutic intervention and appropriate psychosocial developmental care with pediatric patients and their families, assists them in coping with the stress and anxiety of health care experiences, and maximizes the growth and development of infants, children and adolescent patients.
Plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient goals, based upon assessment findings.
- Provides teaching and psychological preparation for potentially stressful experiences with infants, children, adolescents, and families.
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary rounds and evaluations as a member of the treatment team.
- Documents patient assessments, interventions, and outcomes in the medical record.
Provides a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment for infants, children, adolescents, and families.
- Participates in the training, supervision, and evaluation of Child Life Assistants, Child Life student interns, and volunteers.
- Escorts and facilitates social/ positive interactions between patients and special visitors, guests, or entertainers.
- Represents and communicates family centered philosophy on departmental and hospital-wide committees.
- Participates in continuing education programs and remains abreast of advances in Child Life and programs for hospitalized children. Provides interdisciplinary in-service education on growth and development, Child Life, and the impact of illness, injury, and healthcare on patients and their families.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable