Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s - Division of Cardiology, is actively seeking a full-time faculty as a pediatric cardiac electrophysiologist, at the level of Instructor, Assistant, or Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics and Child Health. The successful candidate will join an existing busy practice including two senior pediatric electrophysiologists, a Pediatric EP-NP, and a dedicated CEPS & CCDS certified EP-RN. Currently the EP section manages approximately 700 CIED patients and performs ~130 ablations and ~60 CIED procedures annually. Applicants must have an M.D. or equivalent degree, be board certified or board eligible in Pediatric Cardiology by the American Board of Pediatrics and eligible for medical licensure in the State of Arizona. Candidates will have already completed an ACGME accredited 3-year fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology, with additional 1-2 years of advanced subspecialty training in pediatric cardiac electrophysiology, including arrhythmia ablation and device implantation. This position is not currently accepting J1 visa candidates. Candidates should demonstrate a rigorous academic focus preferably in clinical and/or translational research, however, basic science opportunities are also available. Academic clinical faculty appointments will be facilitated at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix and Tucson, Creighton University School of Medicine, and Mayo Clinic School of Medicine – Scottsdale. Additional research collaborations exist with the Translational Genomics Research Institute (tGen) and the Arizona State University, Department of Bioengineering. The Division of Cardiology currently hosts a fellowship training program in general pediatric cardiology with 9 fellows distributed over 3 years. Phoenix Children’s also hosts fellowships in pediatric cardiac critical care (4th year) and pediatric critical care. The inpatient service consists of a 24-bed dedicated CV intensive care unit and adjacent 24 bed transitional care unit. Patient care is interdisciplinary involving cardiac medical, cardiovascular surgical physicians and dedicated cardiac NP and PA providers. The provision of both workplace based and didactic teaching to fellows, residents, medical students, and nurses is an expectation in this role. The successful candidate will join a Division of 21 cardiologists, 13 cardiac intensivists and 3 cardiac surgeons. Inpatient pediatric cardiac care is centered at the Phoenix Children’s Hospital while adult congenital inpatient care and procedures are also provided at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. Ambulatory cardiac services are centered at the PCH Heart Center – Main Campus and satellite offices are located throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area. Currently EP services are provided at the Main, Gilbert, and Glendale offices. Additional general cardiology outreach offices are in Tucson, Prescott, and Yuma AZ.
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable