Coder II, Physician Coding
This position researches and codes all office, surgical and procedural-based reports/records by assigning accurate CPT codes, current version of ICD (diagnosis codes), HCPCS and modifiers in accordance with CMS coding guidelines and principles in a compliant manner.
- Accurately assigns diagnosis and procedure codes in accordance with established department policies, procedures, and productivity standards. Completes daily productivity logs as instructed. Assigns diagnosis and procedure codes using current version ICD and CPT-4 classification systems in compliance with professional practice and facility coding guidelines by reviewing health records to ascertain all appropriate procedures on outpatient and inpatient performed at a 95% accuracy rate.
- Assists Manager, Coding/Compliance with monitoring coding area work flow as needed. Maintains tracking sheet for missing documentation for professional services.
- Acts as a resource to the staff by maintaining professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement, and remains apprised of current trends, developments, and is aware of coding changes. Attends training and educational activities.
- Consults with physicians, managers, and support staff to clarify documentation and interpret clinical information necessary to ensure all coding initiatives are met. Interacts with Physician Revenue Cycle resolving billing and denial issues within established industry filing limits. Participates in a variety of department, unit, and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Provides education regarding coding changes/updates to professional provider staff members ensuring solutions contribute to improved performance. Tracks and trends physician/departmental coding patterns and reports these findings to appropriate leadership.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable