Valley Pediatrics Triage Nurse Manager
This position manages the Valley Pediatric Triage Service to include hiring and supervising staff, managing the recruitment of physician subscribers, and ensuring quality service delivery.
Manages the operational activities of the triage service for all day time and after hours service by supporting staff as well as being a resource to physician groups and families in order to ensure successful delivery of quality triage services.
- Initiates new physician practice coverage by coordinating contract signatures, practice orientation, establishing physician preferences and protocols, and practice coverage needs
- Establishes needed nurse staff coverage in order to maintain a responsive after hours triage program
- Establishes and evaluates provision of quality for after hours and day time triage service by completing systematic quality reviews and monitors of the service to include review of high risk/high occurring interventions, peer review of nurses clinical service as it relates to practice protocols and standards, the timeliness of phone follow up calls to families etc.
- Responds to physician practice concerns as well as family complaints in a timely fashion and with established follow up commitments
- Facilitates complete transmission of phone triage encounters to physician practices with select phone calls to practices for follow up of high risk encounters
- With physician leader completes yearly review of select triage protocols and adjust protocol recommendations as clinically indicated.
Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate human resource practices to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards.
- Provides orientation to VPT nurse role that includes: triage/treatment protocols , scheduling/shift requirements, clinical resources, and the use of electronic medical record
- Identifies staff performance issues and needs
- Provides feedback and immediate intervention to address staff performance issues
- Identifies educational needs to ensure achievement of established performance, competency, and quality standards
- Completes performance feedback for nursing staff and administrative/office staff
Plans and monitors utilization of resources and contributes to overall fiscal accountability of the Triage Service
- Participates in the development of the annual budget
- Facilitates accurate and timely time card submissions in order to achieve payroll commitments
- Schedules expenditures as needed
- Supervises revenue cycle billing for services and monitors revenue generation as it compares to expenditures and overall budget projections
- Analyzes variances and budget performance and initiates corrective action as needed
- Provides timely review and feedback to the Director for fiscal responsibilities of Valley Pediatric Triage reflecting optimal utilization of all resources
- As needed, provides developmentally and clinically appropriate phone triage care within scope of RN license to ensure delver of quality care; participates as appropriate in emergent situations
- Develops and implements a yearly marketing strategy and plan to increase business partnerships designed to expand VPT by targeting new practice segments and associated physician practices
- Evaluates need for program development and enhancements and establishes project planning process to prioritize and implement approved improvement projects
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable