This position coordinates and facilitates all billing activities by following patient accounts through the billing process payors to ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Bills both electronically and manually, as needed, and uses all technology available to produce clean claims.
- Interprets claims processing reports and applies information to produce clean claims.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory billing requirements.
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean claim.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Must have the ability to analyze coding to assure proper billing of claim.
- Participates in a variety of hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Requests and attaches required clinical documentation in accordance with third party requirements.
- Services accounts in priority of importance, independently billing accounts with understanding of all applicable insurance and CMS regulations. Prioritizes work to maximize turn around time.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable