Section Chief Hand and Microsurgical Program - Pediatric Plastic SurgeryApply!
Posting Note: The Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Phoenix Children’s Hospital is recruiting for a Section Chief of the Hand and Microsurgical Program. We are seeking a plastic surgeon who subspecializes in hand surgery, is CAQ certified/eligible and is at the Associate/Full Professor level. This position requires leadership skills and experience to guide a growing program, and the desire to build a robust clinical practice. He/she would be integrally involved in the academic and educational advancement and training of Mayo plastic surgery residents, University of Arizona orthopedic hand surgery fellows, and University of Arizona and Creighton University medical students. This surgeon will be responsible for hand trauma call coverage. Microsurgery, including replantation and free tissue reconstruction, is required as well as participation in complex wound reconstruction. A strong interest in spastic paralysis, arthrogryposis and microvascular surgery is highly desirable. The Division of Plastic Surgery at Phoenix Children’s provides surgical treatment for the full spectrum of pediatric congenital and acquired conditions such as cleft lip and palate, craniosynostosis, hemifacial microsomia, vascular anomalies, hand anomalies, and traumatic injuries. Plastic Surgery participates in several multi-disciplinary programs at PCH. The Phoenix Children’s Plastic Surgery team is fellowship trained in Craniofacial Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, and Pediatric Hand Surgery.
This position has a desire to build a robust clinical practice while being integrally involved in the academic and educational advancement of PCH and training plastic surgery residents and medical students. A detailed job description is included in each Pediatric Plastic Surgeon's contract.
- See contract on file.
- See contract on file.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable