Child and Adolescent PsychiatristApply!
Posting Note: The Division of Psychiatry at Phoenix Children's is seeking a full-time Consultation-Liaison Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Phoenix Children’s is dedicated to providing high quality health care to newborns, children and adolescents. The mission of the hospital is to advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their families. We recently celebrated our 40th anniversary and continue to grow our Behavioral Health Service Line. We are ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a Best Children’s Hospital in 8 specialties. Phoenix Children’s is a freestanding pediatric acute care hospital with 457 pediatric beds and additional locations throughout the valley. Phoenix Children's offers world-class care in over 75 sub-specialty fields of pediatric medicine and has focused the development of its medical programs to build Centers of Excellence including our NICU, Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Barrow Neurological Institute, Level I Trauma and Center for Orthopedics. As a result, there is a continuing need for C-L services within the medical hospital, emergency department and outpatient settings. In this role, you will work as part of a team delivering the best care to our patients and families. The division of psychiatry is affiliated with the Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s and has academic affiliations with the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, Mayo School of Medicine, and Creighton Medical School. The Psychiatry Department is seeking a Board Certified/ Board Eligible Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join a team of 13, serving children and adolescents across the hospital consultation-liaison and ambulatory service lines. Responsibilities and Opportunities Include: - Providing direct CL services to medical patients and their families - Supporting the medical subspecialist managing complex medical and psychiatric comorbidities - Participating in psychosocial rounds with multidisciplinary teams - Collaborating with other mental health teams (Psychology, Mental Health Therapists, Social Workers, etc.) - Teaching Pediatric, Neurology and Adult Psychiatry Residents, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellows and Medical Students - Supportive environment for research initiatives Schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off Requirements: -Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree. -Successful completion of an accredited ACGME/AOA psychiatry residency program. -Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship training required. -Board certification through the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) or the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry (AOBNP) - or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment. -Obtain Arizona medical licensure and Medical Staff privileges at PC -Valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA Compensation and Benefits: - Faculty appointments commensurate with experience at University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix, Creighton University College of Medicine – Phoenix and Mayo Clinic are available and highly encouraged. - Competitive Compensation Package including salary, benefits, PTO, CME and retirement programs Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a CV to: David Blaha Physician Talent Acquisition Partner Phoenix Children’s O: (602) 933-1107 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable