MA Care Coordinator
The MA Care Coordinator works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for a designated department or clinic at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. This position is mainly administrative, but requires a clinical knowledge base to help facilitate patient care, overcoming barriers to care, helping to improve the overall quality of care and enhancing the patient experience.
- Works with the care team to optimize the patient care experience for patients and families; helping patients overcome barriers to care, improving overall quality of care and enhancing patient and clinic flows.
- Acts as a direct liaison for families within the specified disease population; working collaboratively with patients, providers, nurses, referral coordinators, and office staff.
- Works with the clinical team to complete requested paperwork including, but not limited to: school letters, forms, FMLA paperwork, ROI requests, CRS applications, etc.
- Collects data and prepares charts for upcoming visits; facilitating the scheduling of outside specialty testing, receipt of test results and follow-up on DME and specialty medication orders.
- Works with team to streamline clinic visits by performing prior authorizations and assuring families are prepared for clinic visits.
- Identifies patients with gaps in care and works with those families to assure timely and appropriate follow-up within the clinic; facilitating appointment scheduling, records requests, and referrals to Subspecialists.
- Works with physicians to develop protocols that will help streamline care while improving quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for readily available and accessible data.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable