This position performs a variety of inventory, supply-stocking, and disbursement functions for all clinical and non-clinical areas of the Hospital to provide for the continuous availability of items for efficient department operations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Gathers/Inventories, packs, and delivers inventory items to various on - and off-campus locations.
- Maintains current inventory records by decrementing and incrementing items to reflect activity levels to provide for continuously available accurate information. Participates in ongoing cycle counts.
- Receives incoming inventory items, places in correct bin and shelf locations, and confirms units of measure and appropriate dispensing units.
- Reviews expiration dates and pulls expired items in accordance to established standards of customer service.
- Receives supply and equipment calls from departments and coordinates delivery of items to ensure accuracy and timeliness of response in accordance with established standards.
- Performs inventory counts of all surgical case and specialty carts. Stocks and replenishes items to provide for ongoing availability of required items and logs future expiration dates.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.