Posting Note: This is a part-time position (30 hours/week), Sunday, Monday, Tuesday with Inpatient trauma, ortho, med/surg. Relocation assistance available!
This position plans and provides therapeutic intervention and appropriate psychosocial developmental care with pediatric patients and their families, assists them in coping with the stress and anxiety of health care experiences, and maximizes the growth and development of infants, children and adolescent patients.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient goals, based upon assessment findings.
- Provides teaching and psychological preparation for potentially stressful experiences with infants, children, adolescents, and families.
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary rounds and evaluations as a member of the treatment team.
- Documents patient assessments, interventions, and outcomes in the medical record.
Provides a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment for infants, children, adolescents, and families.
- Participates in the training, supervision, and evaluation of Child Life Assistants, Child Life student interns, and volunteers.
- Escorts and facilitates social/ positive interactions between patients and special visitors, guests, or entertainers.
- Represents and communicates family centered philosophy on departmental and hospital-wide committees.
- Participates in continuing education programs and remains abreast of advances in Child Life and programs for hospitalized children. Provides interdisciplinary in-service education on growth and development, Child Life, and the impact of illness, injury, and healthcare on patients and their families.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.