Emergency Dept Technician - Emergency Department
This position works under the direction and is supervised by a Clinical Nurse to perform a variety of direct patient care services to assist in the implementation of selected portions of the care plan in accordance with the regulations established by the Arizona Emergency Medical Services laws.
- As directed and supervised by healthcare professional, collects and records a variety of routine patient data to ensure ongoing accuracy of patient chart.
- As directed and supervised by healthcare professional, performs a variety of basic patient care activities including, but not limited to, assist in applying splints, casts, and other orthopedic devices and performing CPR during cardiac arrest management to provide for optimal comfort and safety of the patient.
- Assembles patient charts for new admissions and enters admission orders and demographic data as needed to provide for timely and complete patient record for efficient patient care and financial processes.
- Identifies and reports unusual findings or observations, clinical symptoms, behaviors, and treatment administered to appropriate healthcare professional to ensure timely and effective intervention.
- Maintains inventory levels of stock items, supplies, and equipment to provide for efficient and cost effective unit operation.
- Obtains blood specimens by physician order or per protocol following hospital and/or clinical lab guidelines; assists in delivering lab specimens as requested.
- Participates in a variety of in-service programs, meetings, conferences, and daily care rounds to maintain understanding of care plan changes, issues, and expectations.
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the unit's environment.
- Provides orientation to the unit and hospital systems and processes to patients and family members to ensure familiarity with unit's policies and requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable