Ambulatory Ops Coord
Under the direction of a manager or director, the Ambulatory Operations Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day activities of multiple providers, medical professionals, and/or ambulatory support staff for assigned department(s). Ensures efficient and effective workflows at all locations where assigned departments practice in accordance with customer service and quality standards. Maintains appropriate staffing levels and monitors daily assignments, productivity, and duties. Counsels and coaches support staff as appropriate and escalates issues to management as necessary.
- Plans and schedules work for the assigned departments’ staff, ensuring proper distribution of work, completion of assignments, and clinic coverage. Maintains staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage and practice efficiency.
- Oversees day-to-day activities of the department and may assume responsibility when Manager is not available. Identifies opportunities for department improvement and executes solutions under department leadership.
- Manages and oversees department clinic schedules. Performs adjustments as needed. Develops scheduling templates and protocols with providers and department leadership to maximize access and quality.
- Identifies, develops, and implements new procedures and/or tools for improved workflow and patient care.
- Provides oversight and guidance of the department staff including, but not limited to, employee selection, training, and development. Provides input regarding performance evaluations. Attends and actively participates in staff and interdepartmental meetings.
- Participates in a variety of departmental and hospital educational and quality initiatives to maintain current skill and competency levels, demonstrates ongoing development, and improves care quality. Performs QA audits and monitors KPIs as needed.
- Acts as a role model by displaying exemplary, compassionate, and professional behavior. Motivates staff to perform excellent, patient-focused service.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable